Operations and Maintenance Tech I – Arkoma Basin
Reports To: Pipeline Foreman
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Position Status: Full-Time
To support all pipeline operating functions including assist with the operation and maintenance of pipeline facilities, measurement facilities and equipment, basic instrumentation and controls, and pigging activity in accordance with company policies/procedures and DOT regulations. Responsible for the operations and maintenance of pipeline facilities, compressor stations, LNG pump stations, measurement facilities and equipment, and basic instrumentation and controls in an assigned area of the district comprising of several miles of varying pipeline sizes and associated facilities; Will be required to utilize people skills and task prioritizing skills for scheduling and at times directing contract personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for proper operation and maintenance of pipeline facilities in accordance with Company procedures/policies and DOT regulations
- Maintain accurate measurement of gas into and out of an assigned area of the pipeline district
- Coordinate, supervise, and inspect the maintenance or construction of minor pipeline facilities in district or region
- Complete applicable reporting and documentation of key operating parameters.
- Maintain typical pipeline equipment, basic measurement equipment, valves, etc.
- Assist with daily pipeline operational and maintenance activities such as locate pipelines, run pipeline pigs, change charts, assist in blow downs and tie-ins, compression, dehydration, lock outs, tag outs, stop start and load compressor teaming systems, change valves and CO2 treating in accordance with DOT regulations
- Complete appropriate documentation and reporting for inspection and maintenance, safety, regulatory, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years pipeline operations and/or maintenance experience
- Knowledgeable in operating and maintaining LNG and natural gas pipeline and station facilities.
- Beneficial if individual has good knowledge and/or experience with cathodic protection, measurement, and/or SCADA equipment
- Fundamental knowledge of instrumentation and controls associated with LNG and natural gas pipeline operations
- Must perform duties independently with minimal supervision
- Required to work rotating shift schedule, be on 24 hours call as needed, and work relief coverage for both Plant operations and truck loading duties
- Must have basic computer skills to use Company e-mail, company issued software and hardware, and produce electronic reports
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and is subject to random DOT drug testing
- Capable of lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs.